Yes, it’s true: I started working for Beautycounter! For those of you who know me, this is both hilarious and alarming. For many reasons, but mainly: I hate sales. So why am I doing this?
In a nutshell:
1. I was very sad to learn how unregulated the beauty and personal care industry is. (Not school shooting sad, but still very sad.) EU has banned 1400 dangerous and potentially harmful chemicals used in beauty/personal care products. The US has not passed a major law since 1938! The result: we are using harmful chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects and other problems and we are using them every day. Lame!
2. I love that Beauty Counter is dedicated to bringing high-performing makeup and personal care products to the market that only contain the SAFEST ingredients as rated by the EWG. (Environmental Working Group…super legit.)
3. The products perform. As in, they kick ass! They are made to perform not just in everyday life but on the Red Carpet and the runway. I am slowly replacing my MAC, NARS, Smashbox
and Chanel which all work great! My standards are high. Turns out, when you take a celebrity makeup artist, a top ranking chick from EWG and a concerned mom/consumer and start a company, you can create some good stuff.
4. I have two daughters. 9 year old is already experimenting with makeup and I want to set them right and align myself with a company that makes awesome products AND cares about safety, the environment, and transparency to consumer.
5. I love the products and they arent cheap. I get a discount if I become a consultant.
So there it is. If that’s cool with you, please feel free to check out this part of my blog. If you want product or samples, I can get them for you. And you can always check stuff out online here.
Because I hate sales, I’m low key. But I’m here and I have the stuff and am happy to share. I will be putting Beautycounter stuff on this section of my website, Beautycounter Chick. If this annoys you in any way, you can tell me to SUCK IT and BUGGER OFF and I promise I will still love you! Peace out. 🙂