I spy with my little eye…so many delightful jewel tones around town! From the sparkly to the shimmery to the downright bold, all of these finds can be purchased WITHOUT leaving the island. Check it out!
1. Cross the border. This over-the-top statement piece is handmade here in town by Dolores Forsythe. Each of the decadent designs is original and a little different from the next, so no two pieces are exactly alike. This “South-of-the-Border” design features more crosses than you can shake a sombrero at, all unique and lovely in their own way. Prices vary. D Forsythe, 1136 Loma Ave, 619-435-9211, www.dforsythe.com
2. Jade Rolling Kit. Anything that makes you look younger and more beautiful without needles or surgery is a win for me! I’ve been wanting one of these jade rollers forever and have been researching the best choice on Amazon, and this one gets top reviews! My friends who work in the beauty industry love these things and claim they help reduce wrinkles, relieve dark circles, tighten the face and stimulate the facial lymphatic drainage system. I’m in! Amazon Prime this jade roller here.
3. Shimmery Metallic Clutch. I’m a sucker for handbags and especially clutches with any type of sheen! This lovely clutch from Dollie Style and Accessories is sure to add a little ooh-la-la to any outfit. 824 Orange Ave, 619-249-8286 inside the Nail Studio.
4. Turkish Lamp. I die for these Turkish lamps and the only reason I don’t have one yet is they are all so beautiful I can’t decide which one to buy! See for yourself at Fair Trade Decor. At $75 I think they are a steal…they’re sure to give any room a mini-makeover and fill your world with light and color. The best part? When you purchase something at Fair Trade Decor, not only are you getting an original, handmade piece from a developing third world country, but you know that all artists are being paid fair wages for their work. Fair Trade Decor, 828 Orange Ave, 619-675-0072.
5. Iconic Eyeshadow Palette. By now most people know I work for Beautycounter and yes, I’m drinking the Kool-aid because I’m obsessed with their makeup, especially their eyeshadow palettes! This one gets all the feels with the sparkly, fresh colors and transitions well from day to night. And, when you buy this eyeshadow palette or any product from Beautycounter, you’re supporting a B-corporation that spends just as much money on education and reform within the beauty industry as they do on marketing their own products. The goal? To get safer products in the hands of everyone. Shop here.
Thanks for reading, and happy Friday!